English Exercises Online To Become a Spanish Interpreter: Social Services -Advanced 102


Practice Spanish with these English exercises online to become an interpreter or a fluent Speaker of both languages. 


Spanish interpreter taking notes and learning on the computer. scenarios for interpreters, interpreter preparing for exam, Spanish interpreter play role




Always remember:
  • Exercise your Short-term memory. 
  • Expand your vocabulary of the industry
  • Practice your listening, conversation and interpretation skills

First time here? Start by reading our articles about how to study these scenarios here.


Scenario # 2: Calling Social Services


Interpreter: Thank you for calling. This is Joel. I´ll be your Spanish interpreter id number 0000. How may I help you? 

Rep: Thank you for holding. I have a Spanish interpreter on the line. What is your case number please?

Interpreter: Gracias por la espera. Tengo al intérprete en la línea. ¿Cuál es su número de caso por favor?

LEP: Mi número de caso es M222352.

Interpreter: My case number is M222352.

Rep: May I have your name please?
Interpreter: ¿Me permite su nombre por favor?
LEP: Evelyn Quezada.
Interpreter: Evelyn Quezada.
Rep: Are you calling for yourself or for your children?
Interpreter: ¿Llama usted por usted misma o por sus hijos?

LEP: Por mi misma.
 
Interpreter: For myself

Rep: I will place you on hold for a moment. Is that okay with you?

Interpreter: Le pondré en espera un momento. ¿Está bien?

LEP: Está bien.

Interpreter: It is okay. 

Rep: Thank you for holding for me. I cannot find your information. You said M as in Mary 222352?

Interpreter: Gracias por la espera. No puedo encontrar su información. ¿Usted dijo M de María 222352?

LEP: Sí. Eso es correcto.

Interpreter: Yes. That is correct. 

Rep: What is your social security number please?

Interpreter: ¿Cuál es su número de seguro social por favor?

LEP: No tengo seguro social.

Interpreter: I don’t have a social security.

Rep: But you told you are calling regarding your case, isn’t it?

Interpreter: Pero me dijo que llama con relación a sus caso, ¿verdad?

LEP: Sí, como dije, es para mí misma.

Interpreter: Yes, as I stated is for myself. 



LEP: Cuando fui a la oficina el martes pasado, yo les deje saber que no estaba recibiendo mis beneficios aun cuando llevé todo. Aunque parece que lo que llevé no fue suficiente. Yo entregué varios talones de pago para mi esposo. Ellos incluso me dijeron que yo iba a obtener los beneficios inmediatamente.

Interpreter: When I went to the office last Tuesday, I let them know I was not getting my benefits even though I submitted everything. It seems that what I submitted was not enough, though. I turned in several pay stubs for my husband. They even told me I was going to get the benefits immediately.

Rep: Very well. Please give me your address?

Interpreter: Muy bien. Deme su dirección por favor.

LEP: Es El Cerrito St. Lawndale, California 90260.

Interpreter: It is El Cerrito St. Lawndale, California 90260.

Rep: Please give your phone number as well?

Interpreter: Por favor también deme su número de teléfono.

LEP: Es área (310) 566-6666.

Interpreter: It is area code (310) 566-6666.
Rep: And please give me your birth date?
Interpreter: Y por favor deme su fecha de nacimiento. 
LEP: Mi fecha de nacimiento es 2-3 del 80.

Interpreter: My date of birth is 2-3-80.

Rep: Can you provide me Carlos’ birth date please?

Interpreter: ¿Me puede proveer la fecha de nacimiento de Carlos por favor?

LEP: Es el primero de mayo del 2010.

Interpreter: It is May 1st, 2010.

Rep: I just found your case Mrs. Quezada. I just want you to know that your case number starts with N as in Nancy and not an M for Mary. 

Interpreter: Acabo de encontrar su caso Sra. Quezada. Solo quiero sepa que su número de caso comienza con N de Nancy y no M de Mary. 

LEP: Ah, sí. Ya veoDisculpe usted.

Interpreter: Ah, yes. I see… I apologize. 

Rep: What I can see here, Mrs. Quezada, is that they need more time to review your case and documentation. According to this notes you were in the district office last Tuesday. They are working on this, but they do need some more time to review this case and reopen it.

Interpreter: Lo que puede ver aquí, Sra. Quezada, es que ellos necesitan más tiempo para revisar su caso y su documentación. De acuerdo a estas notas usted estuvo en la oficina del distrito el martes pasado. Ellos están trabajando en esto, pero ellos sí necesitan más tiempo para revisar este caso y reabrirlo. 

LEP: Okay. Eso era todo lo que quería saber.

Interpreter: Okay. That was everything I wanted to know.

Rep: Is there anything else I can help you with today Mrs. Quezada?

Interpreter: ¿Hay alguna otra cosa con que le pueda ayudar el día de hoy Sra. Quezada?

LEP: No. Muchas gracias. Muy amable. Que tenga buen día.
Interpreter: No. Thank you. You are very kind. Have a great day.

Rep: Thank you for your call. Have a wonderful day Mrs. Quezada. And thank you for your help interpreter. That’ll be all.

Interpreter: Gracias por su llamada. Que tenga usted un maravilloso día Sra. Quezada. This is the interpreter speaking: You are welcome. Again the interpreter’s name is Joel, id 0000. I wish you have a great day.



This proven method strengthens your language skills such as: reading, speaking, listening and develops your memory all at once. Follow the steps to learn English (or Spanish) easy. With constant practice you are going to become fluent in both languages and will be able to become an interpreter. Practice makes perfect! Keep practicing! 

Register with your email address now so you can receive updates of new scenarios and new exercises and reach us this way. We will be more than happy to help you with questions you might have. Also, helpful comments are always welcome. Enjoy!


Publicar un comentario

Artículo Anterior Artículo Siguiente